View of part of the Fujairah Corniche and the Hajar Mountains in the Background

Monday, June 1, 2009

Sheikh Mohammed Shares Life’s Mission and Dreams in First e-Session with Public

His Mission
In his first e-Session with the public the UAE Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum spoke about his mission in life.

This was the question posed by Al Anoud Saif Al Suwidi (UAE): “How do you keep track of what is going on in the country and in the government?”

Sheikh Mohammed responded:

“It is my duty to be fully aware of what is going on in my country and in the government. My mission in life is to serve my country and my people. I know all the contours of my country and I know the conditions and ambitions of my people because I live amongst them without any barriers between us."

"I utilize different tools for following up on the various affairs of the country and its citizens as well as on the ministries and different government entities. It is through these follow up mechanisms, such as field visits, that I come to know the names of my employees, who are usually the ones who excel in their performance.”

His Dreams
Sara Abdullah (Sharjah) asked this question: “After all you have achieved, what are your dreams?”

Sheikh Mohammed responded:

“My dreams have always been to see the UAE more prosperous and flourishing with well-being and happiness of its people. I want to see the UAE as a model of excellence and innovation, leading the way, not only in our region and the Arab World, but in the whole world.”

"I am confident that we will be able to achieve this because we have been gifted with wise leadership that views people as the real asset of the country. The UAE leadership desires the best for the citizens of the country, works for their interests, and directs all policies, decisions and projects toward this purpose. This is what I hope for my country and my people."

"I also want the best for my brothers in the Arab World and I hope to see the Arab countries as well advancing nations. Just as I am thrilled to see our achievements here in the UAE, I will also be thrilled to see the Arab achievements. Thanks to Allah, the UAE is always ready to support other countries. The UAE has given the Arab world a successful model of unity, proving that opportunities of cooperation and unified efforts are possible, away from differences."

Importance of Communication
In introducing his first public e-Session, the Prime Minister made this statement:

“I would like to thank all of you, for your interest in communicating with me through the official Prime Minister’s Web site. It is my sincere hope that our communication will continue to serve the interest of our country and its people.”

“I must say that this type of direct communication, though new in format, is not new in principle. It is part of a continuing practice wherein I meet daily with many of my brothers and sisters, citizens of our country, on my visits to government departments and during my field trips across the United Arab Emirates. I also directly communicate with them during official and unofficial occasions, which I attend frequently. I view such two-way communications and contacts as extremely valuable…”

“This online encounter with the everyday public, is the first of its kind, but it will not be the last. The Prime Minister’s Web site is here to allow all of you to ask as many questions as you wish and I will regularly answer them. In the last few days alone, I received thousands of questions, and today I am answering some of the questions that I feel will comprehensively benefit all.”

Here is the link for the public’s questions and the PM’s answers:

Prime Minister’s First e-Session with the Public, The Official Website of the PM of the UAE.

Further:
Sheikh Mohammed Addresses Employment Concerns for Fujairah in First e-Session, FIF.

Related:
Sheikh Mohammed’s New Website, ETE.
One of the 75 Most Influential People of the 21st century, ETE.
Sheikh Mohammed Appears on 60 Minutes, ETE.
Poems Give Most Revealing Glimpse of HH Sheikh Mohammed, ETE.

Dr Geoff Pound

Image: The PM at his computer. (Photo courtesy of Official Website of the PM).