View of part of the Fujairah Corniche and the Hajar Mountains in the Background

Friday, September 11, 2009

Ever Seen a 1000 UAE Dirham Bank Note Like This?

Ever seen or spent one of these UAE bank notes?

It is dated at 1973 and can be spent to purchase Dh1000 but it will have a higher value due to its rare condition.

The note which is under auction at the time of writing has been viewed 520 times.

I have got nothing to do with the sale of the note apart from thinking that it would sit nicely in my wallet.

With my surname being ‘Pound’, my father being a retired bank manager nicknamed ‘Buck’, my father-in-law was called 'Bob', my auntie is named ‘Penny’ and my son is called ‘Mark’, I take a little interest in things financial.

The vendor is located in Fujairah, UAE. I wonder if he/she needs some cash to spend at Fujairah’s Great Night Souk?

The current bid is Dh4, 555.00 and the auction has, at the time of writing, 1 day and 4 hours to run. To keep an eye on this note, here is the link.

Link
Souq.Com

On Related Sites
Obama Congratulates UAE’s Lead on Renewable Energy, Experiencing the Emirates, 11 September 2009.

Fujairah for Blue Skies, Beaches and Diving, Fujairah in Focus, 11 September 2009.

Look at the Progress on the America’s Cup Venue at RAK, America’s Cup in the UAE, 10 September 2009.

Ted Kennedy’s Inspiring Last Letter to President Obama, SFS, 11 September 2009.

Dr Geoff Pound

Geoff can be contacted by email at geoffpound(at)gmail.com on Facebook and Twitter.

Ask him for details about advertizing and links on his sites.

Image: “Money, money, money…”